From Our Hands…
Holiday Craft Show & Sale
Event Dates: November 15th, 2023 thru January 6th, 2024
Location and Hours: The show will be staged in the sales area of the Stanly Arts Guild store, located at 330-C N Second Street, Albemarle, NC. Current normal store hours apply: Wednesday, 12-4, Thursday 11-6, Friday 11-6, & Saturday 10-2. The store will close early or be closed the following days during the
• Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 23rd: CLOSED
The show/sale will be in place for a total of 8 weeks. The volunteers of the Stanly Arts Guild that work in the store each day will handle sales for all vendors during the show. The Stanly Arts Guild will also collect & remit state & county taxes for all sales.
Booth Sizes & Fees: Booth sizes will be 4’x2’. Vendors may request multiple booths and must designate if they need them together or prefer for them to be separate. Booth fees are listed below:
• Stanly Arts Guild members = $40 for a 4’x2’ booth = $5 per week
o Commission on all sales will be 15% for Guild members
• Non-members = $60 for a 4’x2’ booth = $7.50 per week
o Commission on all sales will be 30% for vendors that are not Guild members
(Become a Guild member for $40 thru June 30th & only pay $40 booth rental = $80 total. Also, commissions on all sales will be 15% vs. 30% for non-members.)
Vendors will be responsible for providing their own tables/booth furniture. Space is limited so vendors need to make sure their booth is no larger than the 4’x2’ previously specified. Use of risers and elevation changes is encouraged to enhance the appearance of your display. If lighting is desired or required, vendors will need to contact the store director, Wendy Hillhouse, to discuss. Any approved lighting will need to be battery operated or plugged into a surge protector & may need to be secured to the floor to prevent trip hazards. Access to receptacles is limited & will be provided on a first come, first served basis, so contact the store director as soon as possible to arrange lighting.
Artist’s payment: The Guild will remit payment of all sales to the artist, less 15% commission for Guild members or 30% commission for non-members, by December 15th, 2023, for November sales, by January 15th, 2024, for December sales, and by February 15th, 2024, for January sales.
Inventory: The Guild will provide each vendor with inventory sheets and an artist number, (unless the vendor already has an artist number. i.e. an artist already set up to sell in the Guild store). The artist number, the item number and price must be on all items on a removable tag. All items must be listed on inventory sheet(s). The Guild store volunteers will handle all sales and will update your inventory list as items are sold. Any new inventory will need to be added by the vendor. Guild members will be at the Guild store on set up days to assist each vendor with this process.
Items and Jury Instructions: Due to the potentially high volume of participants, this will be a juried show. When you bring your vendor application to the Guild, please bring at least 2-4 pictures of the items you will be selling, to be approved. If you plan to sell multiple types of items, for example sewn pocket books, sewn scarves, sewn shawls, etc., be sure to provide examples of all of the different items in your pictures. Items
for sale will still be subject to review as pictures do not always depict the true nature of the product. If any product is deemed inappropriate or not meeting the criteria for participation, the vendor will be asked to remove the item(s) and not include them in their sales booth for the duration of the sale.
Set up Date and Time: Set up will be on the following dates/times:
• Saturday, November 11th – 10am–1:30pm
• Monday, November 13th – 2pm–4pm
• Tuesday, November 14th – 3pm-7pm
• All booths must be set up by 12pm on Wednesday, November 15th, unless other arrangements have been made.
Break Down and Removal: Breakdown will be on Wednesday, January 10th, from 12pm-3:30pm, Thursday, January 11th, from 11am-5:30pm, and Friday, January 12th, from 11am-5:30pm. Any items remaining in the Guild store after 6pm on Friday, January 12th, 2023, will be considered property of the Stanly Arts Guild.
• The Guild will provide space for your display in the most attractive manner possible while maintaining good visibility of your work for security reasons.
• The Guild will handle all marketing for the show, including ads on Facebook, the Guild website & printed materials. The Guild will provide marketing materials to participating artists upon request.
• The Guild will process all sales and will update your inventory records as sales occur.
• The Guild will collect and remit all state and local sales tax on all sales.
• Vendors must complete & return an application, pictures of proposed sales items & booth rental fee no later than 6 pm, Friday, November 3rd, 2023.
• Vendors must supply gift boxes and/or bags for jewelry items.
• Vendors must provide their own tables and/or booth furniture. Table and/or furniture sizes need to conform to the specified booth size – 4’x2’.
• Vendors must have their booth set up by 12pm, Wednesday, November 15th, 2023, unless other arrangements have been made.
• Vendors need to make sure all items for sale have removable tags which clearly denote their artist number, item number and price.
• Vendors must make sure that all items on display are accurately listed on their inventory sheets & that the inventory sheets are in the inventory book at the front desk. (If inventory listing is not needed by the vendor for tracking sales a note will be added to the inventory book for artist volunteers.)
• Vendors are responsible for keeping their booth neat & organized, as well as reasonably stocked with inventory for sales for the duration of the craft show.